The Tod Riddell Special Education Award may be granted to an active ETFO member. The recipient shall receive $100 and a certificate. This award honours the late Tod Riddell, a woman passionate about her role as a special education teacher.
- nominees must be active ETFO members
- nominees must be enthusiastic advocates of special education
- nominees advocate for students with special needs
- nominees serve special education students in a variety of ways through one-on-one work, small groups, etc., such as a SERT, a classroom teacher, etc.
- nominees provide mentorship with respect to special education issues
- Nominations must be made by members through the school’s Union Steward.
- Nomination forms must be returned by the advertised date in the distributed awards package.
- Nominations are processed by the Local Awards Committee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a description of how the nominee fits the above criteria, as well as letters of recommendation from various sources.