The Federation Role Model Award may be granted to a maximum of two contract teachers (active ETFO members) and each shall receive $100 and a certificate.
- nominees must have been outstanding role models at the Local union level and active ETFO members
- nominees must have demonstrated high standards of personal and professional ethics
- nominees support the goals of the union by attending union functions, serving as stewards, acting as members of union Local committees, etc.
- nominees must be enthusiastic advocates and supporters of the goals of ETFO
- To protect the collective bargaining rights of all members
- To defend publically-funded education
- To serve the needs of the membership
- To actively engage members in the Federation
- To promote and protect the health and safety of members
- Nominations must be made by members through the school’s Union Steward.
- Nomination forms must be returned no later than April 28, 2022.
- Nominations are processed by the Local Awards Committee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a description of specific ETFO activities or projects and the role played by the nominee. An indication of the significance of these activities to the Local should be outlined, as well as letters of recommendation from various sources.