The Support Person of the Year Award may be granted to a maximum of six support persons and each shall receive $100 and a certificate. One award will be available to each of the six categories: Bus Driver, Custodian, Educational Assistant, Technical Resource Assistant, Secretary, and Designated Early Childhood Educator.
- nominees make a significant difference in the atmosphere, learning conditions and working conditions in the school setting
- nominees express a concern for students and other staff members through various ways
- nominees go above and beyond their job descriptions
- nominees exhibit flexibility, reliability, and consistency
- Nominations must be made by members through the school’s Union Steward.
- Nomination forms must be returned no later than the advertised date in the distributed awards package.
- Nominations are processed by the Local Awards Committee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a description of the nominee’s involvement in relevant school activities and projects, as well as letters of recommendation from various sources.