The Occasional Teacher Award may be granted to a maximum of two occasional teachers and each shall receive $100 and a certificate.
- nominees can be a daily Occasional Teacher (OT) or an OT on a long term assignment (LTA)
- nominees must show concern for individual students and inspire learning
- nominees must be able to work co-operatively with fellow professionals
- nominees demonstrate the ability to show initiative, punctuality and reliability.
- Nominations must be made by members through the school’s Union Steward.
- Nomination forms must be returned no later than the advertised date in the distributed awards package.
- Nominations are processed by the Local Awards Committee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by examples of how the nominee meets the above criteria as well as letters of recommendation from various sources.