The Local School Supporter of Education Award may be granted to a maximum of two recipients and each shall receive $100 and a certificate.
- nominees are not members of ETFO
- nominees are supporters of the Avon Maitland elementary school community
- nominees show concern and devote time to their local elementary school
- nominees work cooperatively with elementary professionals
- nominees are devoted advocates of public education
- nominees are respected community role models
- Nominations must be made by members through the school’s Union Steward.
- Nomination forms must be returned no later than the advertised date in the distributed awards package.
- Nominations are processed by the Local Awards Committee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a description of specific activities or projects for which the nominee has been responsible, as well as letters of recommendation from various sources.