The Bill Ritsma New Teacher Award may be granted to a maximum of three new contract teachers and each shall receive $100 and a certificate. This award honours the memory of Bill Ritsma who passed away early in his career.
- nominees must be active ETFO members
- nominees must be in their first two years of permanent contract teaching
- nominees must demonstrate high standards of personal and professional ethics
- nominees must make a significant contribution to the school through active involvement with staff and students
- Nominations must be made by members through the school’s Union Steward.
- Nomination forms must be returned no later than April 28, 2022.
- Nominations are processed by the Local Awards Committee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a description of the nominee’s involvement in relevant school activities and projects, as well as letters of recommendation from various sources.