The Active Healthy Living Award may be granted to an active ETFO member. The recipient shall receive $100 and a certificate.
- nominees must be active ETFO members
- nominees must be enthusiastic role models and inspire participation in physical activities encouraging good health, well-being, and physical fitness
- nominees must foster and instil the importance of positive healthy decisions for lifelong health
- nominees must facilitate the development of skills and knowledge to use in activities and games for all students of varying abilities throughout their lives
- nominees must demonstrate going above and beyond expectations by organizing or running “active” special events including, but not limited to, intramurals, coaching school teams or clubs, Heart and Stroke fundraiser, Terry Fox Run, Play day, Winter Carnival, Colour Run, Track and Field, sport tournaments, mental health initiatives
- nominees must have provided outstanding leadership/mentorship/ coaching to students encouraging physical participation and/or active healthy living
- Nominations must be made by members through the school’s Union Steward.
- Nomination forms must be returned no later than April 28, 2022.
- Nominations are processed by the Local Awards Committee.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a description of how the nominee fits the above criteria, as well as letters of recommendation from various sources.